Saving the Profession for the next generation?
The Covid pandemic shone a spotlight on UK dentistry and it is fair to say that it showed a profession in a state of disarray. What should we, all of us: registrants, regulators, professional associations, indemnifiers, the dental trade and dental media, be doing to remedy this state of affairs?
- Recognising the role that 'politics' plays in introducing risks into patient care
- Understanding the individual's duty to raise concerns about things outside of the clinical scenario that could potentially put patients at risk
- Constructive leadership - when and how to speak out
- Encouraging behaviours and attitudes that will maintain patient confidence in the profession
- Educating the public about quality dentistry
- Simple pointers to enable clinical excellence